Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Start of a New Journey

Usually going to the letterbox is not the highlight of my day, today it was. If you have been following this blog from the beginning you may be aware that a short while ago I decided to apply for university. I had spoken to someone in the Distance Ed unit at Macquarie Uni not long after I sent in my application, and she told me I should find out before the end of November. I was starting to get a little nervous, it was almost the end of November and I had heard nothing more. I heard the posties bike stop, and then chug off and I meandered out to see what had come. There were two large envelopes stuffed into the top of the letterbox, the first one I pulled out was my Australasian Lymphology Association magazine, but the second one was from Macquarie University. I ripped through the envelope like a child opens a present, and there it was, an acceptance letter!


I don't mind admitting that I yelled out 'YES!' at the top of my lungs, and there may have been some fist pumping or other wild gesticulations (flailing). I rang my husband to tell him and then my parents. Everyone was pleased and congratulatory. I also posted some very excited exclamations to Twitter and Facebook and all my friends were so positive, it was very lovely to share my happiness in real time!  So there it is, I have some paperwork to fill out and return and then it begins. I will no doubt blog about my experiences, to create a journal I can look back on, and also to share with you what it is like to study science via distance, that way we can all learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment